Tour de SWET – Social Ride
With the Tour De Swet well on its’ way, we couldn’t be more proud of how hard our Tour riders have been working. The Tour so far has been fierce, with many riders opting to do multiple sessions to stack even more points. With so much competition going on during the Tour we wanted to go and do something fun and out of the norm that didn’t have any kind of competitiveness to it. So, we’ve decided to go on a leisurely paced 50km(ish) social ride this upcoming Sunday July 16th.
The social ride will begin at 8:30am where we will go over some rules and regulations, everyone will need to sign a waiver and then we will do some drills in the parking lot where it is safe to work on things like riding in a pace line, swapping positions, hand signals, everything any beginner rider to season vet could brush up on. We will be aiming to leave the parking lot around 8:50am and head on a nice easy ride using mostly paved trails with a couple road connectors around town heading south and looping back up to the Swet Haus. This is a NO DROP POLICY, meaning nobody will be left behind. The goal of this ride is to get outside, enjoy the sights and sounds of our beautiful city with some cracking humans aka your Swet Army Familia, not to win the Tour De France. So riders of all ability are welcome, just show up with a bike, a helmet and a smile on your face and you’ll be good to go.
No Pressure, No Expectations
This is an amazing opportunity to get in some leisure miles outside and work on skills in a safe group setting without being intimidated by an overload of spandex and lycra. And nothing we’re doing will be even close to the torture you’ve come to love in our Swet Dungeon.
We’d love to see you out there, and to share some real kilometers with you, and for you Tour De Swet folks out there, it’s the easiest 3 points you can secure all Tour, so come on out and enjoy some sweet outdoors and real wind in your face!
What Do I Need To Bring?
Here’s a checklist of all the stuff you should bring with you
- – You, your friends, family anyone you know who wants to ride, they don’t need to be Swet Haus clients.
- – A bike. Road or Mountain, any bike will do.
- – Water. This ain’t Hot Mess, you can and should drink.
- – A helmet. Safety first.
- – A spare tube. Nothing is worse than walking home.
- – A snack. Bar or gel, whatever you like.
- – Identification. Again, safety first.
- – Cash or card. We might stop for cinnamon deliciousness, just sayin’.
- – A great attitude. We’re just going out to ride and have fun, don’t be a downer.